The ALFN offers four general membership types: Attorney-Trustee, Vendor/Associate, Mortgage Servicer and Government/Investor.
ALFN Attorney-Trustee members are attorneys, law firms or foreclosure trustees within the financial services industry, who represent creditors. Membership is by company, so all employees of your firm/company may enjoy member benefits. Attorney-Trustee members join by state, and initiation fees and dues are structured based on the firms size and the number of states in which a firm joins. Attorney-Trustee members are categorized into two separate classes: 1) Affiliated Attorney-Trustee, which means you are affiliated with another law firm, consortium of law firms, outsourcer, other educational organization, or some other firm or entity, whose business includes providing services or resources to the mortgage banking industry on a national level, or 2) Non-Affiliated Attorney-Trustee, which means you are not affiliated with another law firm, consortium of law firms, outsourcer, other educational organization, or some other firm or entity, whose business includes providing services or resources to the mortgage banking industry on a national level.
ALFN Vendor/Associate Members are ancillary service providers within the financial services industry. Attorneys, trustees, law firms, and firms or associations that consist in whole or in part of law firms, attorneys or trustees, may not be Vendor/Associate members. Membership is by company, so all employees of your company may enjoy member benefits. Membership fees vary depending on your level of membership. Vendor/Associate members are organized by five distinct categories:
- Legal Support Service Professionals - Default Outsourcing, Document Preparation, Document Retrieval, Loss Mitigation Providers, Media/Publications, Posting & Publishing and Service of Process and Skip Tracing.
- Risk Evaluation, Investment Research and Consulting Professionals - Collateral Risk Management, Consulting Services, Fraud Detection, Portfolio Analysis, Rating Agencies.
- Land and Title Professionals - Land Title Examiners and Abstractors, Title Insurance Companies & Title Service Providers.
- Technology Professionals - Data and Technology Service Providers.
- Asset Protection Professionals - Asset Management Companies, Field Service Providers, Hazard Claims, Mortgage Insurers, Property Preservation Companies, Property Valuations, Real Estate Brokers/Agents, REO Marketing and Management and Subordinate Lien Services.
An ALFN Mortgage Servicer Member is a company or firm whose principal business is mortgage loan servicing (such as mortgage lending institutions, banks or mortgage servicers that include the servicing of the company’s own paper), or an employee representing (or authorized to represent) such a company. There is no membership fee associated with a Mortgage Servicer membership.
Government/Investor members include agencies of the United States or companies whose principal business is to invest in or insure mortgage debts, including, but not limited to, HUD, VA, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and private mortgage insurance (PMI) companies.