Please provide details about the position.
Trial and Mediation Specialist
Under the general supervision of the Foreclosure Supervisor/Manager, the Trial and Mediation Specialist will be responsible for performing tasks associated with preparing for trial and mediation for serviced portfolios. This includes, but is not limited to, assembling trial packages of required loan documentations, communicate facts to attorney, and present the Company’s facts in mediation or to the judge.
Trial and Mediation Specialist
||Reverse Mortgage Solutions
|Posting Start Date:
- Assemble necessary loan documentation required for submission to trial.
- Communicate to the attorney facts regarding the loan from active status through default and foreclosure.
- Present facts to or act as mediator for mediation.
- Approve legal fees associated with trials or mediations.
- Maintain trial/mediation results.
- Assist with performing necessary Systems (Navigator & Loansphere) tasks associated with the foreclosure module.
- Act as point of contact/liaison between the Company and attorney, ensuring that policies and procedures are followed, including compliance with federal laws and regulations.
- Update Systems with notes to ensure status of foreclosure is clear and understandable.
- Review and approve Contested fee requests.
- Perform other tasks and projects as assigned by supervisor.
- Any other job responsibilities requested by management.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or one to three years related experience and/or training preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2 + years Foreclosure experience required
- Home Equity Conversion Loan (HECM) experience preferred
- Trial and mediation experience preferred
- Stable job history
- Knowledge of legal documents a plus
- Good written and oral communication
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to read and write in English to effectively communicate in writing as well as verbally in person and over the phone
- Ability to effectively communicate in English with customers or members of the business community
- Ability to effectively present information to supervisory, etc.
- Ability to write reports and correspondence
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents such as legal documents, policies and procedures
- Ability to calculate basic financial figures and amounts
- Proficient in computer skills and knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, accounts receivable, accounts payable, e-mail and internet software
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to work with little supervision.
- Must be able to handle high volumes in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to meet critical departmental and federal timelines with accuracy and efficiency.
- Ability to build relationships with both internal and external clients/vendors.
- Strong team player
- Strong work and business ethics
Conditions of Work:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Specific requirements include:
- 50 – 75% travel may be required.
While this description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position’s requirements, it in no way implies/states that these are the only job responsibilities. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and request other duties as necessary.
||This listing expires on: 7/5/2021