Under the general supervision of the Supervisor, Default, the Bankruptcy Specialist will be responsible for managing a queue of accounts involved in Chapter 7 or 13 Bankruptcy filings. This includes ensuring Proof of Claims are filed timely, preparing various referrals for attorney firms and being main point of contact for attorneys.
||Reverse Mortgage Solutions
|Posting Start Date:
- Ensure all cash items are applied per requirements and per the terms of loan documents, and that all ledgers are in balance and accurate.
- Respond to phone calls, written correspondence from all parties involved in the bankruptcy process.
- Act as a liaison between the Company and its Affiliates, ensuring that policies and procedures are followed including compliance with federal laws and regulations
- Read and interpret all legal documents-pleadings motions, dockets, loan documents etc., as well as borrower trustee, investor and attorney correspondence.
- Verify critical dates and review electronic court docket for updated case status.
- Process new filings and close loans out of bankruptcy including bankruptcy status, utilizing internal department applications, and moving loans to the next stage in the process
- Develop and be responsible for a system to monitor Chapter 7, 11, 12 or 13 cases.
- Update and loan file with Bankruptcy information.
- Ensure all Proof of Claims are filed timely.
- Ensure all appropriate referrals are sent to firm.
- Assist Customer Service with all Bankruptcy related calls.
- Monitor Bankruptcy loans for payments.
- Any other job responsibilities requested by management.
- 2 plus years of Mortgage experience in Default area. Bankruptcy collections experience preferred to include dealing with legal documents.
- Must be able to handle high volumes with accuracy
- Build strong working relationships with the Performing Loan Servicer so that questions are answered on a timely basis; issues are resolved quickly and all data is received on a timely basis
- Proficient with MS Outlook, MS Excel and MS Word; Experience ResNet, Equator or AMN systems a plus
- Well organized, effective time management, prioritize and allocate workload for optimum efficiency
- Ability to meet department standards with regard to job knowledge, quality, efficiency, initiative, team work, customer service and overall job performance
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and meet critical deadlines while maintaining accuracy and quality
- Strong work and business ethics
- Effective customer service and communication skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Strong Team Player; Position requires interaction with all interoffice personnel, managers and officers as well as the public and outside vendors
- Effective problem solving skills
Conditions of Work:
Overtime may be required.
While this description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position’s requirements, it in no way implies/states that these are the only job responsibilities. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and request other duties as necessary.
||This listing expires on: 9/20/2021