Join us for our first educational event of 2023, BANKRUPTCY INTERSECT, March 8-9, 2023 at the Marriott Dallas Las Colinas. So much happens at the intersection of mortgage servicing and bankruptcy. Your team will benefit from the latest updates in both commercial and consumer bankruptcy, including a forecast of trends, and issues to come. This event reinforces positive collaboration with your bankruptcy and foreclosure departments, legal counsel, bankruptcy trustees, borrowers, and investors. Intersect is a can't miss opportunity to kick start the year with a highly rated, Attorney-led training session for your entire team.
For Mortgage Servicing Professionals
Contact Susan Rosen for more information or to register your team to attend. Intersect is built on content that has broad appeal within the bankruptcy departments of mortgage servicers and we encourage multiple attendees from each servicing company. Sessions will be structured for both basic and advanced levels.
COMPLIMENTARY SERVICER REGISTRATION*
*Servicers - Complimentary Registration Requirement - This applies to any individual that is currently employed with a mortgage servicer in a default servicing role at any level, who is able to have discussions with default counsel at ALFN Intersect on default related matters, and who has the ability to influence which law firms receive default related files.
Servicer Scholarships - Available to qualifying servicers who need financial assistance to cover travel expenses to attend. Review the details and complete the scholarship application here.
Click here to review biographies for each of our speakers.
Click here for a copy of the 2023 program presentation copies and attendee list (ALFN login required).
Wednesday, March 8
4:00-6:30 PM – Attendee Arrivals & Registration – Please check-in at the ALFN desk upon your arrival – Ballroom Pre-Function Foyer
5:00-6:30 PM – Opening Networking Reception for All Attendees – Ballroom Pre-Function Foyer
Thursday, March 9
Registration will be available from 8:00 AM-3:00 PM. Please check-in at the ALFN desk upon your arrival if you hadn’t already done so on Wednesday.
6:30-7:30 AM - Yoga (pre-registration required for this activity) – Dallas Meeting Room
8:00-8:45 AM – Attendee Arrivals & Registration, Breakfast Provided – Ballroom Pre-Function Foyer
8:35-8:45 AM – Opening Remarks - Planters Meeting Room
8:45-9:45 AM – General Session 1 – Planters Meeting Room
- In Depth Discussion and Analysis of 2022 and 2023 Rule Changes - This session will provide an in-depth analysis of the latest amendments to the Federal Rules of Bankruptcy Procedure (the “Bankruptcy Rules”) which took effect on December 1, 2022. We will also review the revisions to the rule changes that will be published in the Summer of 2023, including 3002.1(a) and (b) HELOC Loans and Effect of an Untimely Payment Change Notice, 3002.1(f) Motion to Determine Status (Mid-case Audit), 3002.1(g) Trustee’s End of Case Notice, previously subsection (f), 3002.1 (h), previously subsection (i).
- Hilary Bonial, Esq., Managing Director, Bonial & Associates, P.C.
- Richard LaCivita, Esq., Managing Attorney, Bankruptcy, Reimer Law Co.
- Christopher DeNardo, Esq., Managing Partner PA/NJ, LOGS Legal Group, LLP
- April Stone, Esq., Managing Attorney, Tromberg, Morris & Poulin, PLLC
- Alice Whitten, Esq., Managing Counsel – SVP, Consumer BK, FCRA & SCRA Section, Consumer Lending Division, Wells Fargo
9:45-10:00 AM – Refreshment Break – Ballroom Pre-Function Foyer
10:00-11:00 AM – General Session 2 – Planters Meeting Room
- Objection to Claim Hearing/Motion for Relief Hearing - Step inside a bankruptcy courtroom to hear lawyers present and argue a sample motion for relief from the stay and objection to claim. Learn some of the fundamental issues and evidentiary burdens in an entertaining forum, as well as the information and documentation a court takes into consideration when deciding some of the more common bankruptcy hearings.
- Mike McCormick, Esq., Senior Partner – Bankruptcy, McCalla Raymer Leibert Pierce, LLC
- Seth Greenhill, Esq., Bankruptcy Attorney, Padgett Law Group
- Nichole Glowin, Esq., Managing Partner Client Relations & Bankruptcy, ZBS Law, LLP
- Chase Miller, Esq., Senior Associate Attorney, McCabe, Weisberg & Conway
- Randall S. Miller, Esq., President/CEO, Randall S. Miller & Associates
- Dan West, Esq., Shareholder, SouthLaw, PC
- Mike Arnovitz, Esq., Managing Shareholder, Reimer Law
11:00-11:15 AM – Refreshment Break – Ballroom Pre-Function Foyer
11:15 AM-12:15 PM – General Session 3 – Planters Meeting Room
- Post-COVID Modifications and HAF Fund Issues - With the climate of COVID largely over, and the housing market resembling the normalcy that was elusive over the past two years, servicers have been playing their role in offering various loss mitigation options for qualifying borrowers. From deferments to loan modifications to partial claims – this panel will discuss the array of workout options mortgage services have been offering post-COVID. Our panelists will discuss how such workouts have been dealt with by courts and certain factors servicers should consider. The panel will also address the Homeowner Assistance Fund (HAF) and issues confronted by services in applying such funds during an active bankruptcy.
- Jeffrey Fraser, Esq., Partner, Bankruptcy, Albertelli Law
- Travis Menk, Esq., Partner, Brock & Scott, PLLC
- Renee Parker, Esq., Managing Attorney, The Mortgage Law Firm
- Aleksandra Fugate, Esq., Supervising Attorney – Bankruptcy, Woods Oviatt Gilman LLP
- Michael Daniels, Sr. Principal, Bankruptcy, Mr. Cooper
12:15-1:00 PM – Networking Luncheon – Planters Meeting Room
1:00-2:00 PM – General Session 4 – Planters Meeting Room
- Future Outlook on Bankruptcy Issues - The panel of Bankruptcy Attorneys and Servicers will examine proposed Bankruptcy legislation including the “Consumer Bankruptcy Reform Act of 2022,” which proposed to eliminate Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 cases in favor of a new “Chapter 10.” Further, the Panel will discuss the “Student Borrower Bankruptcy Relief Act of 2022,” and a Borrower’s ability to discharge student loan debt in Bankruptcy. Finally, the Panel will review proposed Bankruptcy Rule updates from the Advisory Committee, including the “Mid-Case Audit” and the potential impact of legislation and Rule changes on Servicers.
- Greg Campbell, Esq., Bankruptcy Partner, Aldridge Pite, LLP
- Leah Freedman, Esq., Managing Attorney, Bankruptcy Department (MD & DC), BWW Law Group, LLC
- Heather Giannino, Esq., Managing Attorney – Bankruptcy, Heavner, Beyers & Mihlar, LLC
- Alicia Byrd, Bankruptcy Operations Manager, Flagstar Bank
- Abbey Ulsh Dreher, Esq., Partner – Bankruptcy, Barrett Daffin Frappier Turner & Engel, LLP
2:00-2:15 PM – Refreshment Break – Ballroom Pre-Function Foyer
2:15-3:15 PM – General Session 5 – Planters Meeting Room
- 341 Meeting/Confirmation Hearing - Panelists will hold a mock 341 Meeting of Creditors and a Chapter 13 Contested Confirmation Hearing. Audience members will have the opportunity to see behind the curtain of what truly goes on in 341 meetings and Confirmation hearings and practitioners will provide best practices and how to effectively navigate both of these crucial events in the life of a bankruptcy case.
- Nicole Noel, Esq., Shareholder, Kass Shuler, PA
- Nisha Parikh, Esq., Managing Attorney – Bankruptcy, Diaz, Anselmo & Associates, PA
- Phyllis Ulrich, Esq., President, Carlisle Law
- Marcus Pratt, Esq., Attorney, Korde & Associates, P.C.
- Beverly Burden, Esq., Chapter 13 Trustee, Eastern District of Kentucky
- Hon. Michelle V. Larson, Judge, United States Bankruptcy Court – Northern District of Texas
ALFN’s Attorney Hardship Tuition Policy
Attorney attendees from select states who are unable to afford continuing legal education course registration fees due to financial hardship may apply for financial hardship assistance. A request for financial hardship assistance must be filed at least 30 days prior to the Attorney attendee registering for the program. To apply, please submit a request via email to Susan Rosen at email@example.com. Please include the attending Attorney’s name, program title, and an explanation of the circumstance warranting financial hardship assistance in your request. This assistance only applies to the $100/state CLE credit fee.
Marriott Dallas Las Colinas
Attorney-Trustee Member Partner
Associate Member Partner
Hotel Key Cards
Click Here to view sponsorship opportunities, click here to purchase, or email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Click here to review all applicable policies, terms & conditions for registrants of this event.